After many years of bouncing around the blogosphere with no real purpose, I think I have found one.
Welcome to my new years resolution:
To read 100 books in the year 2010.
This feat is daunting, and will only be accomplished by truly compelling literature, large volumes of caffeine, and little sleep. It will take diligence, a slight amount of insanity, and some social isolation. Nevertheless, I think I can do it. I read all the Harry Potter books the night they came out. I climb mountains and stuff. I can do anything.
The rules are as follows:
1. All books must be read between January 1st 2010 and December 31st 2010.
2. All books must be of the novel variety. This means chapter books, kids.
3. No re-reading books I've already read.
4. No reading books I've already seen the movie of.
5. Tanner will hold me accountable
6. You will get a book report of every book I read.
7. I am not allowed to become an alcoholic during this process.
8. I still have to shower regularly.
The project starts January 1st with my first book:
Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Jane Austen and Ben H. Winters